Mount Sinai Careers
CHILD LIFE SPECIALIST I
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- The Child Life Specialist I provides comprehensive child life services to any and all areas of the Child Life and Creative Arts Therapy Department. Specific needs are determined by the child life director and leadership team who work directly with the child life specialist to devise a monthly schedule to meet department needs. Day to day schedule and responsibilities may vary depending upon the assignment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. • Provides comprehensive child life services for PICU, P4, P5, PCICU, ZONE, NICU, ED and outpatient areas as needed.
2. • Functions as a key member of the healthcare team, communicating all relevant developmental and psychosocial information to other team members via charting, participation in team meetings, etc. Responds immediately to all formal and informal consults submitted.
3. • Makes all appropriate patient and family referrals for specialty programming.
4. • Participates in planning and implementation of special events and programming.
5. • Provides supervision to volunteers.
6. • Maintains professional development and competency.
7. • Participates in individual and clinical group supervision