Mount Sinai Careers
OFFSITE MEDICAL ASSISTANT LEAD
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- The Offsite Medical Assistant Team Lead is responsible for assisting physicians with patient care obtaining vital statistics as well as providing clerical and organizational tasks such as appointment scheduling and chart management. Functions in a lead capacity with oversight and mentoring of less experienced Medical Assistants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Directs less experienced medical assistants to specific duties such as obtaining vital signs (height, weight, blood pressure, etc.) and phlebotomy services as needed. Mentors, trains and provides input to supervisor in performance of those in direct report. Assigns MA schedules and work flow to meet the needs of the practice and applicable to patient volumes.
2. Checks patient schedules and organizes patient flow.
3. Accompanies patient to exam rooms when necessary. May assist patients with walking, sitting or standing.
4. Charts patient information under nursing supervision, as assigned.
5. Sends and receives patient charts to appropriate department, obtains X-ray and laboratory reports, hospital notes, forms and requisitions as needed.
6. 6. Verifies insurance coverage and patient demographics; reconciles encounter forms against scheduled appointments; ensures chart information is completed and filed appropriately.
7. Assists in cleaning and maintenance of exam/procedure rooms and instruments as instructed or needed.
8. May be required to perform proficient phlebotomy duties.
9. May schedule surgeries/procedures or work in conjunction with Surgical Coordinator verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admissions and consent forms as necessary.
10. Complies with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infections body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation and other hazardous substances.
11. Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED
Certification as a Medical Assistant from an approved school or three years of equivalent experience as a medical assistant
Three years minimum as a Medical Office Assistant. Certification as a Medical Assistant from an approved school or two additional years of experience as a medical assistant.
1. Good communication skills with patients and staff to provide information