Mount Sinai Careers
CLINICAL TRIALS MANAGER - The Department of Tisch Cancer Institute
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Clinical Program Manager #2334308
Roles & Responsibilities:
Coordinates and manages multiple clinical trials projects and protocols, including those from pharmaceutical companies. Instructs staff regarding appropriate protocols; provides support for ongoing research projects and provides administrative oversight regarding staff roles and instructions for each study.
- Manages and coordinates assigned clinical trial research studies conducted by a principal investigator to ensure conformance with specified research objectives and protocols
- Coordinates and establishes clinical trials schedules, task assignments and allocation of staff and equipment
- Coordinates and manages all subjects enrolled in clinical trials, including completion and tracking of all required regulatory documents
- Ensures clinical research studies are conducted according to regulatory requirements, good clinical practices and specified research protocols, including Mount Sinai School of Medicine, outside sponsors and federal and/or state regulatory agencies
- Serves as the primary liaison for clinical trials conducted for pharmaceutical companies. Provides status reports, adverse side effects and trends, evaluates patient enrollment and provides appropriate recommendations and/or conclusions
- May monitor and reconcile budget and other financial items for clinical trials; tracks reimbursements from the sponsoring agency(ies)
- Develops policies and procedures for clinical trials; conducts meetings with staff to ensure compliance with established practices and to keep employees abreast of current changes and standards
- Organizes grant submissions and implements standard operating procedures for clinical monitoring. Manages and monitors sites involved in clinical trials including the recruitment and management of subjects
- Manages various personnel functions such as hiring, performance appraisals, coaching, disciplinary actions and terminations. Provides guidance and support to staff and orients and mentors new research team members
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Biology, Public Health or related scientific/health field, Masters preferred
- 6 years of experience managing clinical trials, including 2 years in a management/leadership role
The Mount Sinai Health System
believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion
to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we
call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us,
you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.