Mount Sinai Careers
GRANTS & CONTRACTS SPECIALIST II - The Department of Hematology & Medical Oncology
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Grands & contracts Specialist II- #2334548
Roles & Responsibilities:
This individual is responsible for providing technical assistance and guidance in the preparation, submission, processing, and management of research grants and contract proposals, awards, and agreements for researchers within the institution/ department.
- Reviews grant and/or contract proposals prior to submission for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and regulations
- May assist in submission of high priority proposals and grants
- Acts as a liaison with departmental administrators, faculty and extramural funding agencies (federal, state, local and non-profit organizations) to endorse any edits to the proposals prior to institutional endorsement
- Ensures that grants and contracts applications are submitted, in correct compliance characterization
- Assists with pre-award budget development, monitoring status of submissions, and grant closeout procedures
- Interacts with faculty, departmental administrators, and finance on all Sponsored Programs and research programs. Provides information to Sponsored Programs Accounting for fund activation
- Reviews and provides Just-In-Time, supplemental and amended information to extramural sponsors on applications
- May develop and maintains research activity database. Create and maintains computer documentation and appropriate files for proposal submissions, and awards
- May represent the Institution to non-profit funding agencies, federal government officials and drug and device manufacturers
- May act as liaison to the Mount Sinai Innovation Partners (MSIP) issues pertaining to non-profit agreementsMust have a strong working knowledge of information systems including the Grants Tracking System and Microsoft Office Suite. Performs routine data entry and maintenance of data for all non-federal sponsorship in the Grants Tracking System
- May train new faculty and staff in research/grants management
- May maintain departmentally specific documentation in support of grant submissions
- May provide faculty assistance to high priority projects that require project planning
- May create and distribute funding opportunities packets, calendars and special alerts
- Performs other related duties
Bachelor’s degree in health sciences or related field. Master's degree preferred
The Mount Sinai Health System
believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion
to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we
call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us,
you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.