Mount Sinai Careers
FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
208 - Food Service - REQ #2334666
Job Title: Food Service Supervisor
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Supervises and coordinates activities of staff engaging preparing and serving food and other related duties.
· Observes and evaluates staff and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service.
· Assigns duties, responsibilities and workstations to Food Service staff.
· Collaborates with Nutritionist and other staff to plan menus, serving arrangements, and related detail.
· Specifies food portions and courses, production and time sequences, and work station and equipment arrangements.
· Inspects supplies, equipment, and work areas, to ensure efficient service and compliance to established standards.
· Trains staff in proper food preparation and service procedures.
· Recommends measures to improve work procedures and staff performance to increase quality of services and job safety.
· Appropriately documents production and operational data per established procedure.
· Arranges for purchase/requisition of necessary supplies and equipment to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
· Resolves customer complaints regarding food service.
· Initiates personnel actions, such as hires and discharges, to ensure proper staffing.
· Analyzes operational problems, such as theft and wastage, and establishes controls.
· Performs other related duties.
- Highschool Diploma/GED
- ·3 years of dietary or related experience in unit operations including food preparation, distribution, service and record maintenance. Supervisory experience preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.