Mount Sinai Careers
CLINICAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR II - The Department of Tisch Cancer Institute
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Clinical Research Coordinator II - 2335266
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Clinical Research Coordinator II supports the
research team in overall conduct of clinical trials using Good Clinical
Practice. The CRC II is able to function independently and successfully manage
a workload that includes studies of increase complexity.
The CRC II is responsible for the primary data collection and management of patient clinical information as it pertains to participation in clinical trials. Ensures timely collection of protocol related samples including shipment to outside entities as required. This individual obtains informed consent, collects, maintains and organizes study information including compilation, registration and submission of data, as required by the Sponsor. Attends clinic as needed to perform activities including, but not limited to: assist the research team with recruitment activities, administer questionnaires.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects and records study data. Inputs all information into database
- Obtains informed consent under supervision of the
investigator(s) and educates participants
regarding study requirements
- Assists in the activities related to clinical
research studies including but not limited to:
answering phone calls, screening participants for eligibility, registering subjects with
sponsoring agency, administering lifestyle questionnaires
- Maintains source documents and subject files in
accordance with hospital procedures. Ensures
accurate and complete compilation of subject data through chart reviews
- Secures, delivers and ships clinical specimens as required by the protocol
- Responsible for organizing and preparing for monitoring visits
- Coordination and management of clinical trials including communication with Sponsors
- Provides support to correctly and completely record AEs and serves as resource to CRCI staff
- Performs other related duties
The following are necessary to in order to qualify for the CRC II role:
- Demonstrate understanding of CRF completion, including timely and accurate transcription of study data
- Show understanding of ICH/GCP and Federal Regulatory requirements
- Proficient in understanding of Phases of clinical trials
- Bachelor’s degree in science or related field preferred or a combination of relevant research experience and education
- 2-4 years of clinical research/human subjects experience
- Excellent verbal, written & interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures in directly related field
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Entry proficiency in appropriate clinical subjects’ techniques
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.