Mount Sinai Careers
Point of Care Testing Specialist - Clinical Laboratory - Full Time Day
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reviews and records daily QC of all Point of Care testing.
2. Investigates and records remedial actions taken for out-of-range QC.
3. Reviews daily and monthly instrument maintenance documentation for Point of Care instrumentation.
4. Performs linearity’s correlations and validations as necessary. Prepares the statistical charts for review by the Point of Care testing coordinator and the Director.
5. Notifies the Point of care testing coordinator of remedial actions and follow-ups for all point of care tests and instruments.
6. Distributes Point of care testing supplies to testing sites and maintains inventory.
7. Maintains supplies, equipment and work area. Monitors inventory levels. Performs daily, weekly and monthly maintenance and function inspections.
8. Assists in Continuing Education and In-Service of point of care testing personnel.
9. Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor of Science or Arts degree in related field, or equivalent work experience required. (High School diploma and 10 years of experience in a clinical laboratory is considered equivalent.)
Clinical Laboratory Technologist license from the New York State Education Department OR Certificate of Qualification from the NYS Department of Health required
Minimum one year of experience in a clinical laboratory.
1. Clinical Laboratory Technologist