Mount Sinai Careers
Administrative Manager, Commercialization
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Administrative Manager is responsible for the daily operations, practice leadership and growth of an employer based health center. The Administrative Manager will report to the Director of Strategic Initiatives.
The Practice Manager will serve as the principle for developing customer-centric policies and processes influencing the overall delivery of care and services in the health center. The Practice Manager will monitor the operational, financial, and quality service of the health center.
Manage daily health center operations
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the health center including delivery of care, scheduling, medical records documentation, billing, insurance verification, purchasing & inventory, financial management and customer (patient) service
- Develop and implement policies and procedures supporting the all health center operations, i.e. scheduling, billing, financing, etc.
- Monitors financial performance against budgeted resources. Justifies variances, manages expenses, volume and revenue to achieve budget objectives
- Oversee overall reporting of health center operations and outcomes including preparing and communicating reports to the Operations Lead and health center staff related to financial performance, revenue cycle management, utilization, care delivery and patient satisfaction
- In conjunction with the Clinical Lead, develop and implement patient workflows and standards of care policies and protocols
- Ensure compliance of federal and state regulations and laws; lead necessary improvement activities or corrective action plans
- Plans and coordinate supplies ordering and capital equipment procurement for the health center
- Supervises and coordinates various personnel activities in conjunction with Clinical Lead including assisting with hiring and onboarding, training of staff, determining appropriate staffing levels and ensuring adequate staffing for the health center during business hours
- Serve as the liaison for the onsite employer Facilities Manager, external vendors, and referring sources to answer questions and resolving issues
- Participates in the interviewing and hiring of front office support staff; and is responsible for the counseling and progressive discipline of staff that includes written documentation and subsequent written warnings including suspensions and termination
Support performance improvement efforts
- Lead and participate in process improvement activities that improve the overall operations of the health center and patient satisfaction
- Addresses complaints, disciplines and resolves problems in accordance with Policies and Procedures
- Achieves superior patient satisfaction and customer service for practice
- Actively seeking ways to provide an improved patient experience
Support communication and marketing efforts
- Participates in communicating and marketing the practice model to new patients as well as other stakeholders such as clients, patients, and third-party vendors
- Attends in-person and telephonic conference meetings with members of the Mount Sinai Commercialization Team
- Establishes regular staff meeting and/or other communication vehicles (e.g. newsletters, etc.) for entire practice to ensure good internal communication
- Supervises front desk concierge staff
- Completes annual employee performance evaluations for all staff
- Ensures that all staff is aware of emergency procedures for the safety and well-being of patients and staff
- Facilitate monthly health center meetings with health center staff and key stakeholder including setting the agenda, preparing of meeting materials, etc.
- Support the health center team in improving processes, identifying efficiencies and maintaining a safe environment
- Maintain an expert understanding of the employer and their employee population
- Maintain an expert understanding of the available health insurance benefits and wellness programs
- Abides by the health center’s service framework
- Other relevant duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years’ experience in medical office administration
- Experience with revenue management/billing
Additional Skills and Qualities
- Passion for health care as evidenced by academic pursuits and/or professional experience
- Effective interpersonal and communications (verbal and written) skills
- Proficient in revenue cycle management
- Understanding of employee health benefits
- Self-motivated team player
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving and mediation skills
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations
- Commitment to excellence, attention to detail and accountability
- Must be able to adapt to a growing and changing environment
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.