Mount Sinai Careers
Client Service Executive, Central Billing Office (Faculty Practice Associates)
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Client Service Executive serves as the custodian of the Central Business Office-department relationship, fostering organizational connectivity via personal interaction. Proactively manages the relationship through an understanding the client’s needs and financial performance, utilizing the information to establish a partnership between the CBO and departments. Specific responsibilities includes: identifying potential operational gaps adversely impacting financial performance through the assessment of department metrics and trends, strengthening CBO relationships through proficient communication, and execution of a diplomatic resolution of any issues related to the revenue cycle between the CBO and assigned departments. Accountable for the success of billing operations for each assigned practice.
- Creates a customer-focused collegial partnership with assigned practices and other corporate entities. Manages and directs client communications and CBO service interactions
- Proactively engages in management of department’s financial performance, delivering recommendations and results based upon financial metrics
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability for results of the billing and collections function that impacts the practice’s bottom line
- Cultivates and fosters positive department relationships with physicians, clinicians, and practice and billing administrators for the CBO
- Manages department expectations based upon Service Agreements and FPA benchmarks
- Collaborates with fellow team members and partners to resolve department concerns or requests
- Conducts meetings with Operations and Reporting staff to identify areas of concern and is proactive in the implementation of work flow changes
- Leads cross functional teams in delivering high quality work products under set timelines
- Monitors key billing/collection statistics and compares to national/regional/local benchmarks including, but not limited to, net collections, days in A/R, etc.
- Manages CBO established deliverables and disseminates data to key practice members
- Shares resources and information across boundaries to ensure patients and other customers’ needs are met
- Serves as primary in-house expert regarding the accounts receivable for assigned departments
- Works closely with departments and CBO to implement strategies to increase cash flow
- Performs detailed analysis and makes decisions and process flow changes based on financial analysis
- Represents the CBO in various revenue cycle meetings where appropriate
- Collaborates with supervisor in developing annual work plans and goals
- Schedules opportunities for feedback from leaderships
- Mutually ensures annual performance review is completed
- Monitors own performance levels and work processes to identify opportunities for improvement
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required; advanced degree (MPH, MBA, MHA) preferred
- 5 years+ in consulting, health care or related physician practice business operations. Knowledge of health care revenue cycle management required.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Detailed Revenue Cycle management skills for report interpretation and application to common sense operations
- Advanced critical thinking to see the larger picture through the detail
- Proficient experience in disarming conflict and delivering common resolution
- Effective leadership experience in motivating teams and sharing vision
- Strong professional interpersonal and proven teambuilding skill
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience with executive level business interaction Demonstrated collaborative consulting approach to client and internal relationships
- Proven ability to identify potential areas for additional services within current clients
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation
- Solid understanding of internal billing revenue cycle operations
- Ability to thrive in a flexible work environment and to adapt to change
- Ability to successfully work in self-directed environment
- Must be able to work within the confines of internal teamwork while serving as a department advocate
- Positive outlook towards issues and ability to develop and deliver resolution
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.