Mount Sinai Careers
Performance Improvement Coordinator, RN, Cardiovascular Surgery
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Performance Improvement Coordinator - 2337452
A member of the Quality Assessment and Improvement Department, the Coordinator implements the hospital's Quality Assurance Program. Responsible for the facilitation of hospital wide performance improvement based activities, identifies opportunities for improvement, seeks solutions, and establishes monitoring and evaluating strategies.
- Identifies, designs and coordinates performance improvement initiatives
- Serves as staff to the Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Committee
- Maintains the CPR database, creates reports and analyzes trends for the CPR Committee
- Acts as the departmental liaison and provides consultative services to assigned core departments
- Coordinates and facilitates team activities relative to Performance Improvement Initiatives
- Assists the Director of Performance Improvement in special projects as assigned
- Assists with coordinating staffing effectiveness, indicator selection and implementation
- Coordinates implementation of JCAHO Core Measures, CMS public reporting, including but not limited to data collection analysis and communication of findings to appropriate departments and education staff
- Oversees and monitors data and transmission of data and third parties and regulators
- Coordinates activities and oversees work prepared by the Quality Research Analysts (data abstraction)
Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred), preferably in a health science.
RN or other clinical licensure preferred
- Experience: 5 years health care performance improvement and/or clinical nursing experience
- Licenses: Registered Nurse
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.