Mount Sinai Careers
Policy Research Analyst, Department of Global Health / Arnhold Institute
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Program and Policy Research Manager, the Policy Research Analyst will support the work on a Commonwealth Fund grant awarded to the Arnhold Institute for Global Health. The Program and Policy Research Manager will support the implementation of work plans to meet the deliverables of the grant project and track progress made against those plans. The Policy Research Analyst will project manage, develop materials, and conduct research to meet the objectives of the project.
- Collaborate with leadership to implement the project plan with prioritized policy goals and objectives
- Facilitate regular exchanges (conference calls, webcasts or in-person meetings) with partner organizations
- Encourage collaborative involvement of staff, leadership and subject matter experts in project development
- Coordinate logistics, scheduling and participants’ communications (correspondence, advertisement, catering and venue arrangements, handouts, registrations, guest lists and travel for outside speakers)
- Promote program to health care professionals through marketing and publications featuring project findings
- Provide written reports and presentations to partners, and sponsors as requested
- Investigate funding options to expand current or future project work
- Synthesize diverse sources for research
- Develop communications collateral
- Manage external consultants and collaborating with other divisions of Mount Sinai Health System
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, master’s in MPA or MPH, preferred
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in healthcare; specifically, a community-based organization or public health
- The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize across multiple work streams
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience with healthcare, preferably community health experience
- Ability to work effectively across teams with varying degrees of experience, education and working style
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.