Mount Sinai Careers
Recruiter III, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Recruiter (Level III) is responsible for providing the highest level of staffing services under the direction of the Associate Dean of Faculty and Staff Relations and the Director of Faculty and Staff Relations at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. This position delivers high quality professional and executive-level candidates, while guiding hiring managers and candidates through the Mount-Sinai selection process. This individual will perform full lifecycle recruiting and maintain excellent relations with hiring managers and candidates A wide degree of creativity, near-and long-term recruiting vision, business understanding, and personal organization is required.
- Confer with senior leadership to identify personnel needs, workforce planning strategies, and search assignments. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with senior leadership, and other team members to create a solid partnership
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified leaders
- Review resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements. Provide complete, accurate, and inspiring information to candidates about the institution and the position(s)
- Prescreen candidates. Create and present prescreening questions to hiring managers for collaboration and approval. Interviews candidates presented for detailed interviewing by hiring managers, and include the use of face-to-face behavioral-based interviewing methodologies
- Manage the scheduling and logistics of all interviews between candidates and hiring managers. Provide candidates detailed information on the company, our business strategy, department background, job descriptions, and expectation-setting
- Review the hiring manager’s interview performance with each candidate and take appropriate action when warranted. Performs detailed reference checking and/or reference analysis on selected candidates and reviews results with hiring managers
- Extend offers of employment to selected candidates with the approval of the hiring managers and within the guidelines of Mount-Sinai compensation policy
- Manages the presentation, selection, offer, negotiation, closing, and administrative components involved in full lifecycle recruiting. Conducts follow-up calls and quality-improvement studies with hiring managers and new hires
- Maintain accurate and well-ordered documentation on all candidates, searches, hiring managers interactions, and other recruiting activities to ensure a safe and thorough audit if required
- Work cooperatively with all members of the staffing team to develop and implement staffing plans and activities. Participates in the development of ongoing creative and cost-effective sourcing strategies
- Visit hiring-manager departments to develop a thorough understanding of the department culture and uses that understanding to help candidates fully understand the opportunity
- Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-Art recruiting practices. Works with and/or directs the efforts of a Junior Recruiter or Staffing Coordinator
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field. Master’s preferred
- 8 years experience in full lifecycle recruiting, preferably in the healthcare industry, with 2 years of corporate recruiting experience mandatory
- Excellent knowledge in full lifecycle recruiting components including, but not limited to, sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, relationship management
- Excellent project management, writing, and oral communication skills
- Ability to present new recruiting concepts to executive leadership
- Demonstrated ability to recruit for a broad/deep range of positions and to command the attention and respect of senior level leaders
- Demonstrated ability to recruit for a broad range of positions
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Digital advertising experience (ie: Monster, Linkedin, Indeed)
- Proficiency in ATS (applicant tracking system) such as Taleo, Skillsurvey, Peoplesoft preferred
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.