Mount Sinai Careers
ASSOCIATE RESEARCHER II - The Department of Immunobiology Center
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Human Immune Monitoring Center at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai leverages powerful technology platforms and deep immunological expertise to provide comprehensive immune monitoring services for a diverse range of clinical and translational research studies. We are expanding and have an immediate opening for a technician to work on clinical trials sample management, processing and state-of-the-art cellular and proteomic profiling assays across a diverse range of research areas.
This is a dynamic position that will also offer many additional opportunities to work on a range of innovative immunological assays and make a real impact at the forefront of translational immunology in cancer, IBD, CVD, inflammation and neurology.
- Our ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in science with an emphasis on cellular biology and basic knowledge general molecular/cell biology lab techniques and biospecimen processing for the downstream fit-for-purpose platform such as ELISPOT and flow cytometry
- Experience with biospecimen processing would be ideal but is not required, since full platform-specific training on the all the biological assay platforms will be provided.
- Acute attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills, strong communication skills and an ability to interact well with others are critical. We are an energetic team and are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive candidate with the desire to learn complex new skills and techniques.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to interact well with others are critical
- Emphasis on the team-work environment
The Mount Sinai Health System
believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion
to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we
call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us,
you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.