Mount Sinai Careers
Senior Process Improvement Analyst-Strategic Operations and Implementation
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Strategic Operations and Implementation-2338360
Senior Process Improvement Analyst
The Senior Process Improvement (PI) Analyst leads improvement initiatives coordinated by the Office of Strategic and Business Planning, utilizing a wide range of improvement tools and methodologies that advance Mount Sinai Health System’s continuous improvement culture. The Senior PI Analyst plans, analyzes and executes improvement initiatives and evaluates the impact of improvement efforts in order to achieve the mission and vision of the health system.
- Develops scope for and executes organizational studies and evaluations to support improvement projects through personnel interviews and in-person observations of patient care and non-patient care areas.
- Plans and executes complex data analysis to support leadership decision making in a variety of subject matter areas, including: process measures and performance metrics, scheduling, resource utilization, labor and productivity, quality measures, patient satisfaction measures, and demographic data.
- Collaborates with team members and stakeholders to develop and test hypotheses related to scope of analysis.
- Tracks and evaluates improvement in process and outcome metrics, establishing sustainable solutions for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred).
- 4-6 years of combined professional experience and/or graduate-level education relevant to healthcare operations, data analysis, strategic planning and process improvement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills
Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Excellent follow-through skills, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects, issues, and priorities effectively and simultaneously with attention to detail
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.