Mount Sinai Careers
Medical Assistant Team Lead, Medicine FPA Practice
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Medical Assistant Team Lead - 2338470
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Medical Assistant Team Lead is responsible for assisting physicians with patient care obtaining vital statistics as well as providing clerical and organizational tasks such as appointment scheduling and chart management. Functions in a lead capacity with oversight and mentoring of less experienced Medical Assistants.
- Directs less experienced medical assistants to specific duties such as obtaining vital signs (height, weight, blood pressure, etc.) and phlebotomy services as needed. Mentors, trains and provides input to supervisor in performance of those in direct report. Assigns MA schedules and work flow to meet the needs of the practice and applicable to patient volumes
- Checks patient schedules and organizes patient flow
- Accompanies patient to exam rooms when necessary. May assist patients with walking, sitting or standing
- Charts patient information under nursing supervision, as assigned
- Sends and receives patient charts to appropriate department, obtains X-ray and laboratory reports, hospital notes, forms and requisitions as needed.
- Verifies insurance coverage and patient demographics; reconciles encounter forms against scheduled appointments; ensures chart information is completed and filed appropriately
- Assists in cleaning and maintenance of exam/procedure rooms and instruments as instructed or needed
- May be required to perform proficient phlebotomy duties
- May schedule surgeries/procedures or work in conjunction with Surgical Coordinator verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admissions and consent forms as necessary
- Complies with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infections body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation and other hazardous substances
- Performs other related duties
- Education: High School or equivalent required. Certification as a Medical Assistant from an approved school or three years of equivalent experience as a medical assistant
- Experience: Minimum of three years’ experience as a Medical Assistant. Certification as a Medical Assistant from an approved school or two additional years of experience as a medical assistant
- Knowledge of office procedures, typing and computers.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.