Mount Sinai Careers
Senior Data Analyst, Medicine
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Senior Data Analyst - 2339628
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Senior Data Analyst oversees activities related to data integrity, security and enhancement of the value of data including data cleaning, query tracking, and developing and implementing policies and procedures. The Senior Data Analyst may direct the movement of data across multiple systems; oversee its validation and organization and make sure that data is available to appropriate people and systems within an organization
- Uses modeling techniques and tools in analyzing and specifying data structure in large and/or complex data sets
- Implements best practices in data management to ensure the integrity of the data, the quality of data processes and delivers analyzable or analyzed data to a variety of internal and external clients of the Medical Center
- Recommends best practices for data transformations to support the data movement. Defines data migration requirements, gathering, validating and documenting data requirements
- Translates, merges, cleans up and/or maps data into conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Oversees all activities related to data cleansing, data quality and data consolidation using industry standards and processes
- Identifies, develops, and documents data standardization, data enrichment operations, data validations, data security requirements, and data exception handling processes
- Documents, implements, maintains or recommends operating methods to improve processing, distribution, data flow, collection, database editing procedures
- May define parameters for file or space utilization
- Works closely with IT management and staff
- May access data in the Data Warehouse, as required
- Assists faculty and staff with queries, statistical analyses, reports and technical difficulties related to data retrieval
- Designs and writes custom applications needed to ensure the database meets requirements for the entry, management and reporting of data
- Recognizes recurring issues and analyzes causes in order to reach a solution. Generates plans and provides tools/techniques for improvement and to measure success
- Trains staff with varying degrees of knowledge to effectively use the database system
- Maintains knowledge of the current regulations and technologies related to data management
- May write and prepare manuscripts and other materials for internal and external audiences
- Performs other related duties.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics and/or related field. Master’s degree in relevant field of study preferred
- Advanced knowledge of database applications / management, SQL and /or SAS
- Intermediate MS Office (Word, Excel), Access, Outlook
- Experience with SQL relational database management systems (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL) preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.