Mount Sinai Careers
Administrative Manager, Orthopedics
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Administrative Manager - 2339668
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Administrative Manager plans, directs and oversees all administrative operations, human resources, and/or clinical services. This position may oversee facilities planning, maintenance and custodial operations as well as responsibility of grants and contracts and capital budget.
- Manages and coordinates activities of clerical, administrative and call center personnel of the department
- Analyzes internal processes and plans or implements procedural and policy changes to improve operations
- Recommends cost saving methods, such as supply changes and disposal of records to improve efficiency of department
- Prepares and reviews operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Assists in the planning of budgetary needs by analyzing short and long-term program plans. Collaborates with department leadership to assure the completion of the annual budget and subsequent monitoring of financial status of the department, unit or division
- Interprets and administers personnel policies such as hiring, performance appraisals, training, staff disciplinary activity and salary recommendations. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations regarding equal pay and equal employment
- Facilitates creation of training programs. Conducts training for staff to carry out departmental programs and services
- Facilitates implements quality assurance programs to meet standards and regulations of federal, state and city accrediting agencies
- Ensures standards and regulations of accrediting agencies such as Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare (JCAHO) and New York State and City Department of Health are met
- Chairs department committees and participates in hospital committees as assigned
- Performs other related duties.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration or related field, Masters preferred
- Experience: 7 years experience in an administrative or management capacity
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of operational analysis and decision-making techniques for resource allocation and organizational effectiveness
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.