Mount Sinai Careers
Clinical Oncology Associate - FT Days - Ruttenberg Cancer Center
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned which may include: performing venipuncture and/or EKGs, checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room, assisting patients as needed with walking, transferring and dressing, as well as collecting and processing specimens and point of care testing, preparing for exam, etc. Assists physicians with various procedures, takes vital signs, relays instructions to patients and or families; answers calls and provides pertinent information.
- Provides set-up of examination room and instruments in accordance with proper sterilization techniques established by hospital and infection control policies.
- Perform proficient phlebotomy duties with accuracy. Able to determine correct lab tests for patient on particular date as ordered in the EMR by providers.
- Perform point of care testing, within scope of practice, including maintenance of log regarding QC to meet regulatory guidelines.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned which may include: sending and receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc. Completing forms and requisitions as needed, managing charts to ensure information is completed and filed appropriately. These responsibilities may be carried out using the electronic medical record (EMR) system or manually as necessary.
- Education: High School Diploma/GED.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant from an approved school or equivalent training and experience.
- Experience: 0-2 yrs experience as medical assistant or related experience
- General Skills: Ability to communicate effectively with multicultural and language-deficit patients