Mount Sinai Careers
Report Analyst III - Critical Care Institute
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Critical Care Institute - Req #2339840
Report Analyst III
The Report Analyst III is responsible for the development and modification of reports. This individual requires the ability to work independently in completing reporting tasks and lead initiatives to improve the reporting capabilities of the system. A solid understanding of the clinical workflows and systems, as well as a core competency in the use of Crystal Reports and full lifecycle data management is required. Develops, modifies and troubleshoots reports on an ongoing basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identify, analyze, and implement the reporting process workflows, and ensuring that end-users obtain the reports they need.
2. Work with management and other clients to ascertain the types of data required and how to obtain and present the data for meaningful analyses.
3. Develop report specifications based on user requirements.
4. Ensures quality and accurate development of reports based on knowledge of the system
5. Troubleshoots problems or questions from users.
6. Establishes standards around report development to ensure consistency across implementations.
7. Prioritizes and implements changes requested for developed reports .
8. Thoroughly reviews and tests each new release and communicate changes before users are permitted to access the new release.
9. Demonstrates expert knowledge of the system and provide guidance to other staff in analyzing issues and the development of potential solutions.
10. Acts as a point of escalation for complex multi system issues.
11. Ensure that appropriate documentation is in place for all reports.
12. Demonstrate ability to understand not only tasks assigned but to anticipate ongoing work and take ownership of entire process
13. Able to organize and lead work for other team members to achieve success.
14. Performs other related duties
- 5 years experience in Information Technology/Computer Science and/or clinical healthcare discipline, or demonstrated equivalent experience, including report writing and analysis.
- Proficiency with Crystal Reports and other Report Writer software. Experience in working on medium to large sized systems projects in a technology-driven environment.