Mount Sinai Careers
Location: New York City, NY
Position: Postdoctoral fellowship in data science, epidemiology, environmental medicine, public health, global health or related fields
Employment Type: Full Time, 2 years Start Date: Fall 2018
Job Description: We seek candidates who have completed doctoral training in data sciences, biostatistics, epidemiology, or population-based environmental health. Work will involve identifying study topics; conducting literature review; developing a study design; collecting and analyzing data; drafting papers for peer-reviewed journal submission, and participation in the submission of research grant proposals.
Duties and Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of this position are to develop new research studies that address important issues in population-based environmental and public health. The candidate can choose from a variety of topics and approaches, including:
• Use of existing databases in epidemiology, disease surveillance or environmental health to address issues of national or international public health significance.
• Development of novel approaches to community-based research that demonstrate prevention of risk factors for disease in local, national or international settings.
Training opportunities: Candidate will work with an experienced, dedicated mentor who aims to provide a supportive research environment. The postdoctoral fellow will receive:
· Mentorship in environmental health science and community-research partnerships
· Mentorship in career development
· Opportunities to attend and present at national conferences and symposiums
· Formal and informal training in writing scientific papers and grant proposals
· Opportunity to mentor and teach master’s degree students
· Research is geared towards preparing for an NIH K grant application or equivalent and it is our intention that this work will lead to an NIH career development application submitted in years 2-3 of the 3-year fellowship.
· Fellows will attend and present at Departmental seminars and professional conferences.