Mount Sinai Careers
Registered Nurse; TOCC
Registered Nurse; Transitions of Care Center
Locations: 120 E 16th Street New York, New York
Join a cutting-edge Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) nursing department by becoming a team member of the Transitions of Care Center (TOCC), MSHS’s centralized post-discharge nursing telehealth center.
· A capacity to learn, synthesize, make critical judgments, place patients and families first, and collaborate with team members who are recognized leaders within health care
· At least one year of acute care RN experience required; extraordinary New Graduate RN’s with BSN will be considered
· Relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice is critical for success; new graduates should possess current knowledge of the nursing of the nursing care delivery model and its application
· Medical / Surgical RN experience preferred
· BLS / BCLS certification required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing / BSN required for all Clinical RN positions
· Current New York State Registered Nurse / RN license (or willingness and eligibility to obtain)
Roles & Responsibilities:
· The Clinical Nurse – Med/Surg (M/S) in the Transitions of Care Center is a Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients and significant others.
· As an Adult Telehealth Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for managing the care needs of the adult patient in the immediate post-acute care discharge period
· Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and nursing professional practice in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements
· Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions
· Provides direct telephonic care through application of the nursing process - based upon theory, research, and approved Department of Nursing and institutional standards
· Coordinates post-discharge patient care activities based on established priorities, including teaching, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
The TOCC Registered Nurse reports directly to the Transitions of Care Center Nurse Manager.
Strength Through Diversity. Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.