Mount Sinai Careers
Desktop Engineer I - End User Services
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal
End User Services - Req #2342316
Technology Specialist I
The Technology Specialist I acts as the principal technology expert for major systems and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, coordinate, and manage IT projects for Client Engineering department
- Prepare project plans and monitor progress of IT projects to ensure deadlines are met
- Responsible for automating, developing and maintaining Windows desktop image for desktops, laptops and thin client images
- Conduct Root Cause Analyses and remediation efforts for major incidents in Client Engineering area.
- Lead and guide the work of technical staff of FTEs and Consultants
- Serve as liaison between business and technical teams. Deliver on projects, milestones, provides regular updates to management and business aligned teams
- Experience with industry standard deployment tool preferably SCCM 2012
- Experience with application packaging process and procedure in a multi-domain environment
- Responsible for third level escalation and technical support
- Responsible for client end point of hardware and software engineering
- Create scripts in vbscript, powershell, visual basic, batch files
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating Systems Internals, Architecture, registry and troubleshooting tools
- Technical writing – must be able to document all process and communicate with stakeholders
- Using Service Now ticketing systems ability to document incidents, problems and change requests
- 7+ years of related experience
- Strong skills in Virtual environment (VDI, Hyper-V, VMWare)
- Strong skills in SCCM and Adminstudio
- Experience in infrastructure like DNS, WINS, VPN, etc
- Experience with programming languages HMTL, .Net, C++
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Preferable experience with healthcare industry
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Master’s degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience in engineering and support of enterprise-wide client systems
- Must have technical experience in networking and systems support, engineering and software products.
- Must demonstrate seasoned IT skillsand competency in most aspects of software activities and/or data communication.
- Must have excellent trouble-shooting, documentation and communication skills.