Mount Sinai Careers
Analyst, Clinical Operations-Corporate
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Analyst, Clinical Operations will manage and
support new projects to move forward the goals of Mount Sinai Health System and
the priorities of the System Chief Clinical Officer. Reporting directly to the
Director/Senior Director, he/she will execute on project scope and charter and
will work with project sponsors, stakeholders, and Clinical Operations
leadership to successfully initiate and monitor a project to meet the
implementation deadlines and goals established. The Analyst will play a pivotal
role in a dynamic, clinical/operational environment by serving as a key point
person in the execution of clinical operations initiatives.
The Analyst will work closely with internal team members, stakeholders, collaborators, and participating facilities to ensure that projects are conducted in a timely manner to achieve goals within defined budgets by creating POCs, Project Charters, Project Plans, and Dashboards.
The Analyst will monitor, evaluate, address issues, and improve data quality and participate in data-driven decision making.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Leads project teams and attends high level meetings, providing project management of system wide projects related to the clinical operations and improvement of the quality outcomes of the member hospitals of Mount Sinai Health System under direction of the Director/Senior Director of Clinical Operations. Identifies major phases, implementation sub-steps, key stakeholders, timelines, resource needs, and potential obstacles for each project to build a comprehensive project plan. Utilizes standard project management tools and summary documents to track and communicate status of projects.
- Collects, organizes, and summarizes materials for presentations by Clinical Operations leadership as needed. The Analyst is also expected to play a role in presenting data and analyses to key stakeholder groups independently, as requested.
- Provides adjunct analyses of the business and/or clinical processes related to a project in order to inform the project plan and assist leadership with information to make decisions to move the project to successful implementation.
- Serves as the liaison by understanding and interpreting business requirements, mapping process models, designing technical solutions to satisfy requirements, and completing formal system piloting.
- Analyzes business needs and ensures that
functional and technical requirements are documented.
a. Develops POCs, Project Charters, Project and Business Plans.
b. Identify project stakeholders, determine their needs and expectations for project success.
c. Develop communication strategy and establish communication plan
d. Performs necessary investigations, analyses, and evaluations to determine project feasibility.
e. Prepares routine project status reports.
f. Ensure facility resources meet site management, information technology and data monitoring objectives.
g. Provide regular project status information to team members, including attending required meetings and following-up on action items.
h. Ensure adherence to protocols, procedures, and project plans.
i. Establish project goals and measurements of success.
j. Ensure each project deliverable has clear completion criteria and acceptance plan
k. Participate in identification, evaluation, and selection of pilot sites.
l. Ensure all projects have a clear education and training component.
m. Maintains all relevant documentation and communications as part of program library.
- Provides direction and support to the project team ensuring the team is informed of all project changes, decisions, etc. that may affect the success of the project.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships within the system in order to obtain information and content from providers and colleagues to foster successful project completion.
- Develops or assists in the development of work plans, task sequencing, and runs test cases to evaluate the extent of how tasks may be performed concurrently.
- Support short and long term operational/strategic business activities - by developing, enhancing and maintaining project information and models. Also develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes.
- Develops and manages best-practices and tools for performance improvement plan execution and management. Identifies and manages performance improvement dependencies and critical path issues.
- Serve as an operational resource for internal team members for expedited problem identification and resolution, provision of project-specific updates, and team interactions and deadlines.
- Coordinates project site monitoring activities, and may participate in site monitoring associated with initiation, interim, close out, and audit visits as required.
- Adhere and assists with clinical operations and project specific quality documents (for example: SOPs, work plans/practices, training guides).
- Acts as a liaison between clinical, pharmacy and
field operations to:
a. Implement potential partnerships with retail organizations to integrate clinical programs across the Health System.
b. Partners with the Clinical Operations Team to implement select projects under the purview of the integration model between the Health System and potential partners.
i. Ensures successful rollout of partnership agreements.
- Cultivates deep familiarity with methodological approaches and data from diverse sources.
- Develops programs, methodologies, and files for analyzing and presenting data. Clearly communicate processes used and results achieved, and suggest new and alternative approaches.
- BS in Business Administration, Healthcare, required.
- Completion of Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Master of Health Administration preferred.
- Project Management.
- Knowledge of the Healthcare/Pharmacy Industry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visio, Project, Excel, Word and standard computer programs required.
- Excellent planning and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- A highly-motivated and meticulous individual with excellent problem- solving and communication skills to join a fast-paced, growth-oriented work environment in a cutting-edge field of clinical operations.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.