Mount Sinai Careers
Technology Specialist III - Applications Development & Support
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Applications Development & Support - Req #2342378
Technology Specialist III
The Information Technology Specialist III identifies and initiates solutions to complex or systematic problems, analyzes business plans and strategy to define technology vision. This may involve leading or directing others in problem resolution involving interactions with multiple systems. Project Scope: Large complex projects or multiple projects of moderate complexity with project budgets up to $50M involving multiple sites or up to 20 interdependent work tracks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Decommissioning/ Archiving SME
- Has experience going through the full decommissioning/archiving process
- Understands the best practices for decommissioning/archiving
- Knows how to develop a decommissioning strategy, approach, and plan
- Understands the key challenges to decommissioning/archiving and how to address it
- Program Manager (skills are broader than just a project manager)
- Knows how to structure and manage an enterprise decommissioning program
- Tracks and manages issues, risks, actions, decisions, and dependencies across the program
- Has ability to work and communicate effectively with various stakeholders (application, infrastructure, legal, security, etc.)
- Tracks and manages benefits realization through the program (qualitative and quantitative)
- Provides integrated systems planning and recommends alternative technologies that will enhance current or anticipated information systems that support overall business goals.
- Leads the review and design concepts for new systems and develops and documents the technical design for the integration and implementation of software.
- Directs the development of comprehensive and strategic business cases with cost/benefit dimensions of proposed projects that are used at management and executive levels for funding and scope decisions.
- Directs/conducts the analysis of current business processes and functional requirements, preparing appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
- Directs the analysis of enterprise-wide or very complex client needs in project areas such as new business operating models, innovative approaches to IT solutions support, market research or available product functionality and operational readiness assessment.
- Influences cross-functional and/or cross-divisional task forces to identify and document functional requirements, workflow, information sources and system specifications.
- Selects and customized the methodology for the analysis and definition of efficient, cost effective solutions that support client business processes, functional requirements and resource costs, including evaluation of existing applications and alternative uses of technology.
- Advises clients on the consequences of actions; communicates risks and ensures understanding of these risks. Jointly develops risk assessment of plan with client, and provides ongoing communication.
- Works with area managers to finalize solutions and oversees implementation of recommendations
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 8 years minimum experience (higher preferred),
- 12 years of related experience, including a demonstrated ability in technology area. In-depth knowledge of associated technology areas that could impact area of responsibility; healthcare technology experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate complex Technical concepts into understandable terms
- Tailor communication to audience
- Mediate and facilitate communications between others, and communicate architecture to all levels of management and customers
- Ability to gain buy-in from stakeholders to resolve significant architecture issues