Mount Sinai Careers
Pharmacist - Full Time - Nights
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Pharmacist Level 1 serves patients by preparing medications; giving pharmacological information to multidisciplinary health care team; monitoring patient drug therapies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Dispenses medications accurately and in a timely fashion
2. Resolves questions regarding formulary/ and non-formulary medications, knowledge of and follows policies and procedures
3. Provides dosing & therapeutic recommendations that take patient age/ kinetic variables based on literature
4. Performs clinical chart reviews on a scheduled basis
5. Performs Patient Care Unit inspections on a scheduled and timely basis
6. Prepares parenteral medications using sterile aseptic technique
7. Maintains adequate medication supply in the Pharmacy area and informs supervisor of impending shortages
8. Intervenes and documents interventions to correct/ improve pharmacotherapy
9. Reports adverse drug events and medication errors occurring in area serviced
10. Takes responsibility for the operation of the assigned Pharmacy area and activities of all supportive personnel
11. Adheres to Hospital’s dress code
12. Maintains an acceptable attendance record
13. Keeps up to date by reading and attending workshops, conferences and C.E. programs to maintain professional competency
14. Perform chart reviews, looking for appropriateness of drug therapy for the disease or diseases being treated as per department requirements.
15. Responsible for medication reconciliation as per department requirements.
16. Performs patient education, including but not limited to, proper dose as prescribed, taking meds on time, side effects if any, interaction with other drugs patient might be taking, all as per department requirements.
17. Completes PEAK training and educational requirements as per department and/or hospital requirements.
Graduate from an accredited College of Pharmacy (ACPE).
0-2 years as licensed Pharmacist
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.