Mount Sinai Careers
Mammo Tech (2-5 years)
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Verifies patient identification as to departmental policy. Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
2. Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
3. Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies;
4. Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
5. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by maintaining regulatory CME requirements. Attends educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
6. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
7. Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
8. Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
9. Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive methods, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
10. Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
11. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records (including the completion and verification of exams.
12. Maintains production and quality of imaging by following established standards and procedures; observing results; making necessary adjustments.
13. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
14. Completes yearly Age Specific Competency.
15. Assumes on-call duties.
16. Performs other duties as required.
Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology
2-5 Interventional mammography Experience Preferred
1. Mammography Technologist