Mount Sinai Careers
OR SUPPORT COORDINATOR
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Operating Room Support Coordinator conducts materials/product procurement and replenishment for all perioperative specialty areas.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Manages the shelf stock of
all consumables used in the perioperative environment including commodity and
2. Uses electronic purchasing and inventory
computer systems to place orders directly with vendors.
3. Manages cycle counts, inventory balance adjustments and
physical inventory count sheets through software application.
4. Reviews implant logs on a daily basis to replace low quality, high unit cost implantables as they are used.
5. Replaces inventory of
frozen tissue as needed.
6. Maintains accurate item and vendor files in the purchasing
system by updating all key fields such as description, manufacturer, catalog
number, price and inventory bin locations.
7. Provides cross training for all preoperative
specialty areas including Cardiac, Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Vascular, GU/Gyn,
Plastics and Ophthalmology to ensure these areas have trained staff available
during periods of short staffing or position vacancies.
8. Interfaces with other support departments to
ensure timely and appropriate supply and logistical services
9. Responds quickly and comprehensively to all product and
device recalls mandated by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA), Center for
Disease Control (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and
other regulatory agencies.
10. Responds to manufacturer recalls by working with Clinical
Nurse Managers and Nurse Coordinators to identify alternate sources of affected
11. Collaborates with nursing staff to appropriately identify par levels and supply locations. Recommends process changes needed to ensure effective and efficient OR supply levels.
12. Performs other related duties.
- High School Diploma required. Some college preferred
- 1 year of general office experience; knowledge of automated purchasing/inventory system a plus
- General Skills
- Good communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with Nursing Coordinators and Nurse Managers.
- Good mathematical skills