Mount Sinai Careers
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - AMBULATORY DIALYSIS
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai – Hemodialysis – Job Requisition 2343878
Job Title: Associate Director – Ambulatory Dialysis
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Associate Director is responsible for overseeing staff, operations and resources within a department or division to ensure optimal result and high employee engagement. The Associate Director ensures that the department is run according to institutional policies and any applicable regulatory requirements.
- Overseas operations within assigned department; uses data and fact-based problem solving techniques to improve processes and outcomes. Ensures that all operations run according to institutional and departmental policies and in accordance with any government or regulatory requirements as applicable.
- Recruits, orients, trains, coaches, counsels, mentors, disciplines, and evaluates staff in accordance with all internal policies and procedures. Communicates values, strategies, and objectives of department or division on a regular basis. Assigns accountabilities, delegates tasks and responsibilities, and plans, monitors and appraises job performance.
- Develops, maintains and reconciles departmental budget with financial responsibility and oversight for department or division.
- Plans, develops, and/or maintains departmental standard operating procedures. Regularly reviews policies and procedures and makes changes, or recommends changes to superiors as necessary.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Provide leadership for staff members in the form of ongoing training, performance feedback, goal setting, and problem resolution; cultivate a culture of innovation and creativity in service of better patient care.
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in public health/administration or business or a related field or equivalent education and experience; Masters (MPA, MPH, MBA or related) is preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in a professional business environment, with health related, project management and supervisory experience preferred
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.