The IT Manager – Quality Assurance (QA) is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the operations of an information technology area of responsibility and serves as a lead test manager for Oracle cloud HCM implementation. Responsible for Unit testing, Integration testing and User Acceptance Test (UAT) for all Oracle HCM modules. Coordinate activities of Test Team. Develop test scenarios and scripts and document defects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Leads an integrated test team to perform the following activities in support of the testing function:
- Writes detailed test plans
- Participates in working groups to ensure testing requirements are addressed as needed
- Develops test scenarios and test scripts
- Traces requirements to test cases to ensure coverage for full system integration test
- Ensures that functional and technical requirements are met through system testing, regression testing, performance testing, system interface testing, and security testing activities
- Reviews customer requirements and specifications to ensure that tests will confirm that these are satisfied
- Reviews and evaluates complex test specifications, test results, test trends and implements corrective action as needed
- Reviews and approves prepared detailed technical reports of findings and makes recommendations for needed modifications to correct problems
- Oversees actual tests and analyzes validity of results
- Coordinates the resolution of problems inhibiting test progress
- Manages information technology staff by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains effectiveness and efficiency by delivering and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Maintains areas of responsibility’s effectiveness and efficiency by reporting to upper management any performance concerns, defining problems or challenges and unique solutions to problems. Participates in short and long term plans.
- Ensures that staff adheres to compliance requirements of the department and/or organization and directs confirmation of this compliance be maintained in the employees files.
- Performs other related duties
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or other technically relevant degree and 7-9 years of related experience
Minimum Related Experience
- 7+years of Oracle HCM experience
- Strong experience across the Oracle HCM modules including Core HR, Self-Service, Payroll, Advanced Benefits, Oracle HR Helpdesk, Oracle Absence Management, Oracle Recruiting and Talent Management, Oracle Performance Management
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.