Mount Sinai Careers
CLINICAL RESEARCH MANAGER - CARDIOLOGY
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Clinical Research Manager has oversight of the research projects within a department or division. Assists the Principal Investigator (P.I.) in preparing and negotiating clinical trials care delivery, patient eligibility, budgets, adequate staffing and all related HR activity.
- Develops, implements and evaluates standards of care of professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agencies requirements
- Coordinates care delivery and the assignment of staff based upon identified patient care needs and clinical competency for optimal unit operations
- Collaborates with members of the health care team in program development, consultation, and the planning and delivery of optimal unit operations
- Facilitates timely and responsive communication and proactive responsible decision making
- Assures availability of human and material resources for safe, competent and effective patient delivery
- Develops and implements ongoing quality improvement activities. Ensures safe, efficient and quality patient care by following the medical center’s policies and protocols
- Identifies, responds to and investigates potential and actual risk management issues
- Manages human resources, includes of recruitment, hiring, evaluating, retention, discipline and termination
- Promotes positive consumer interactions and uphold the Patient Bill of Rights
- Develops and maintains systems which support efficient and effective functioning of designated clinical areas
- Performs other related duties
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences or related
- 5 years experience in a hospital/medical environment
- 1 year supervisory experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated clinical competence in nursing practice
- Experience in managing and financial management
- Ability to motivate, develop and coach individuals
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.