Mount Sinai Careers
Business Associate B - Anatomic Pathology - Full Time Evening
Strength Through Diversity
Department of Anatomic Pathology (MSH) - Req Number: 2345928
Job Title: Business Associate B
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintains census; demographic and charge information including assigning beds to incoming patients, updating this System and compiling information for charge capture and patient processing (Cerner/Epic/Bedboard) and support of patient registration and order entry systems.
- Assists in the medical record management by maintaining paper and electronic forms through Patient Works as necessary for the unit specific patient population; discharging charts in appropriate order, compiling deficiency information and working with members of the Interdisciplinary Health Care Team to complete charts.
- Assumes responsibility for chart completion process in accordance with the standards of Medical Records/Health Information Management (HIM).
- Monitors patient throughout through the use of Agiletrac and communicates progress to CNM/Nursing staff.
- Education: High School/GED
- Experience: Six months of health care related experience in order to become familiar with institutional policies and procedures preferred.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and collaborate with other members of the Clinical Specialty Services and other hospital personnel.
- Ability to set priorities, problem solves, use proper judgment in difficult situations and be flexible.
- Sufficient oral and writing skills in the English language in order to communicate effectively with patients, families and members of the healthcare team.
- Proven data entry and basic computer skills
- Medical data base experience (i.e. Cerner, IDX, Eagle)
- Clerical skills (answering phones, relaying messages, reception, correspondence etc.)
- Proven customer service experience in a health care environment