Mount Sinai Careers
Administrative Manager, Emergency Medicine
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Responsible for oversight of the billing, administrative, clinical, and operational activities of an urgent care unit. Ensure successful coordination and delivery of day-to-day operations, including staffing and administration of policies and procedures. Ensures all targets related to revenue, expenses, days in accounts receivable, rejects and edits are met. Ensures all compliance and regulatory guidelines are adhered to and produces financial and billing reports. Provide daily, weekly, and monthly tracking reports to management. Oversees staff and ensures proper training and processing in accordance with institutional policies.
- Establishes major schedules, task assignments, and allocation of manpower, space, and equipment to ensure conformance with departmental goals and objectives. Develops production schedules to ensure proper staffing and production levels are maintained
- Hires, trains, coaches, disciplines, and evaluates staff to ensure smooth operation and to maintain a high level of patient satisfaction and adherence to financial targets
- Oversees administrative staff responsible for billing functions and ensures that collections, accounts receivable, edits, and targets are met and monitored on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis. Tracks progress and submits reports to Director(s) on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Oversees clinical staff responsible for patient care in the medical care unit
- Could complement the workforce when staffing for any position is unavailable
- Interprets and administers personnel policies such as hiring, performance appraisals, training, staff disciplinary activity, and salary recommendations. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations regarding equal pay and equal employment
- Recommends changes in operational policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the organization’s guidelines. Ensures activities are in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and/or guidelines
- Reviews internal controls to ensure proper billing of services within established time frames and guidelines. Monitors, reviews and communicates billing procedures with support staff
- Monitors billing accuracy and timeliness to identify appropriate corrective actions, training and systems modifications. Performs random sampling of staff work, documents, and takes appropriate action
- Develops methodology necessary to identify all billable physician patient encounters and performed procedures
- Assists in the determination of fiscal requirements and prepare budgetary recommendations; monitors, verifies, and reconciles expenditure of budgeted funds
- Ensures the adherence to budget parameters
- Maintains liaison with all levels of administration, faculty and/or outside organizations to coordinate operational activities, to accomplish directives and to facilitate the resolution of problems
- Prepares operational and financial reports and analyses. Sets forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations or conclusions
- Serves as the department’s liaison with administrative and professional staff regarding MSMC policies and procedures, personnel administration, and budgetary preparation and control
- Assists in the planning of short and long-range goals for the medical care unit. Prepares and evaluates proposals to implement new programs and expand existing ones
- Assists in the implementation of quality assurance programs and monitoring activities to meet standards and regulations of accrediting agencies such as JCAHO, CARF and New York State, and City Department of Health
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field. Master’s degree preferred
- 4 years of related business experience with competency in applying general personnel practices, accounting and budgeting principles and coordination of one or more major administrative functions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer relations
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Supervisory and managerial skills including budgeting and finance
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.