Mount Sinai Careers
Clinical Research Coordinator - Personalized Medicine Institute
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Clinical Research Coordinator assists in the daily activities of investigators on the NYCKidSeq project, a program which aims to explore the utility of incorporating whole-genome sequencing in the care of children with undiagnosed diseases in Harlem and the Bronx. The Clinical Research Coordinator helps recruit potential study participants; obtains informed consent; and collects, maintains, and organizes study information.
- Obtains informed consent under minimal supervision of the investigator(s) and educates participants regarding study requirements
- Collects and records study data. Inputs all information into database
- Assists in the activities related to clinical research studies including but not limited to: answering phone calls, screening participants for eligibility, and administering questionnaires
- Maintains source documents and subject _les in accordance with hospital procedures. Ensures accurate and complete compilation of subject data through chart reviews
- Secures, delivers, and ships clinical specimens as required by the protocol
- Performs other related duties
- Bachelor's degree in Science or a closely related field or equivalent experience
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- 1-2 years prior research experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.