Mount Sinai Careers
Recruiter II, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Recruiter (Level II) is primarily responsible for developing sourcing strategies to recruit top healthcare talent for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the selection, presentation, offer, negotiation, closing and administrative components in making a hire
- Partners with hiring managers to review staffing needs and job responsibilities. Discusses appropriate recruitment strategies with hiring managers. Acts as primary recruitment resource
- Consults with Hiring Managers and candidates throughout hiring process. Assists in evaluating candidates and overall process troubleshooting
- Develops strong relationships with senior managers and staff throughout the medical center, as well as with external recruiting partners
- Manages and audits the requisition process. Ensures receipt of completed and approved requisitions for all job postings and that information complies with bargaining unit or non-bargaining unit requirements
- Utilizes various recruiting strategies ranging from internet recruiting, advertising, and employee referrals
- Creatively and proactively sources candidates by developing relationships with colleges as well as internal and external professional contacts in order to maintain a pool of qualified candidates
- Researches alternative recruitment sources in order to find candidates for hard-to-fill and critical skill positions
- Manages the hiring process to ensure timely and cost effective filling of departmental vacancies
- Negotiates compensation package with hiring manager and Compensation and extends offer to candidate. Negotiates additional requisite benefits as needed: relocation, sign-on bonuses, etc.
- Sells candidates on the benefits of working for MSMC, both personally and professionally
- Enters new hire offer information into the applicant tracking system
- Collaborates with International Personnel to confirm candidates’ eligibility to work in the US. If necessary, refers candidate to International Personnel for their review
- Mentors and assists Junior Recruiter and Coordinators in achieving professional success and development
- Maintains a recruitment volume of 70-80 vacancies and a high fill ratio
- Performs other related duties
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years of high volume recruitment experience in a large organization
- Experience with ATS (applicant tracking system)
- Excellent communication skills – able to interact with all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, team building and decision-making skills
- Self-motivated and flexible; results oriented in a fast paced environment with deadlines
- Demonstrated proactive customer service approach
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.