Mount Sinai Careers
Mammo Tech; Per Diem
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Per Diem Special Procedures Technician performs radiographs and special procedures as ordered/directed, according to established practices and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identifies patient service requirements. Gains patient cooperation by discussion of process and helping patient to reduce anxiety, providing explanations of treatment and answering questions.
2. Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient, adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specified position and accurately adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
3. Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive methods, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
4. Documents patient care services and examinations by charting in patient and department records.
5. Ensures operation of radiology equipment by performing preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs; may assist in the evaluation of new equipment and techniques.
6. Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipates needed supplies and alerts management.
7. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by maintaining regulatory CME requirements. Attends educational workshops, reviews professional publications; establishes personal networks; participates in professional societies.
8. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Adheres to infection-control policies and protocols.
Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology
New York State Dept. of Health Licensed Radiologic Technologist
Certification as a Registered Technologist is preferred – American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
Interventional radiology experience preferred
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.