Mount Sinai Careers
PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE - part time nights
Strength Through Diversity
- Performs and maintains records of patient's vital signs, such as blood pressure, pulse, temperature and respiration. Documents intake and output.
- Performs specimen collection, and assists the RN in performing clinical procedures, such as venipuncture, physical exams, EKG, venodyn boots, post-mortem care, and maintenance of skin integrity. Sets up for selected procedures.
- Assists patient with activities of daily living such as feeding, bathing, and/or toileting. Orients patients to the unit / care center environment. Assists patient in walking independently or with a walker.
- Assists with dietary functions, including delivering and collecting patient trays at bedside, providing menus and assisting patients with menu completion, mixing nutritional supplements, reporting variations in dietary status to RN or Dietician, and maintaining accurate and timely systems for transmission of dietary orders and changes.
- Maintains a safe, clean and functional environment, ensuring for comfortable movement of the patient. Backs up the Support Associate in patient room maintenance, such as bed-stripping and trash removal.
- Performs one-to-one observation of patients on special observation status, e.g. safety, elopement, or suicide prevention.
- Under direction of an RN, and according to set procedures, will maintain isolation status and mechanical safeguards for patients.
- Education: High School diploma or GED
- Experience: 3-9 months of health care experience preferred.
- BCLS or Heartsaver Certification required for PCA positions located at Mount Sinai St. Lukes and Mount Sinai West.