Mount Sinai Careers
Data Analyst I, Division of General Internal Medicine
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Data Analyst I is responsible for implementing best information technology data management practices in an effort to improve and ensure quality, streamline data cleaning efforts and deliver analyzable databases within agreed upon project timelines.
- Maintain accurate and complete data sets
- Delivers analyzable or analyzed data to a variety of internal and external clients of the Medical Center
- Assists faculty and staff with queries, statistical analyses, reports and technical difficulties related to data retrieval
- Creates and manages codebooks or data dictionaries for study analysis
- Uses modeling techniques and tools in analyzing and specifying data structure in large and/or complex data sets
- Oversees all activities related to data cleansing, data quality and data consolidation using industry standards and processes
- May access data in the Data Warehouse, as required
- Works closely with IT management and staff
- Other related duties
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics and/or related field. Master’s degree in relevant field of study preferred
- Experience: 2 years database application/management experience, preferably in a large medical center or healthcare environment
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.