Mount Sinai Careers
Exercise Physiologist, Respiratory Institute
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Evaluate patient prior to, during and after cardiopulmonary testing being performed for diagnostic purposes. Assist medical director with the interpretation of cardiopulmonary exercise testing.
- Review patient’s medical history
- Assess patients current activity level in order to determine appropriate level of exercise
- Perform hemodynamic and respiratory monitoring during all phases of exercise testing
- Train staff members in the performance of cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- Perform quality assurance/trouble shooting on cardiopulmonary exercise equipment
- Assist medical director in the interpretation of cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- Master’s degree from an approved program in Exercise Physiology
- 3 years of experience with diagnostic cardiopulmonary exercise testing, preferred
- Understand contraindications to performing the exercise study and reasons to terminate the test early to insure patient safety
- Understand the basic electrocardiogram (ECG) and abnormalities that may occur during exercise
- BLS certificate a plus
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.