Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Scientific Computing, Lead Developer 2350758
The Lead Developer of Scientific Computing designs and develops applications, provides supervision and coordination, directs and checks the work of other software developers.
- Develop scalable and reliable software
- Supervises, assists, directs and checks the work of other developers. Develops a timeline and milestones for software programming projects
- Assumes the responsibility for coordinating the activities of software programming with the other groups
- Assists management in determining computer systems requirements. Propose system and software designs to meet user requirements
- Develop and monitor metrics to assess the quality of the software and production services
- Assist with the development of user surveys to actively solicit and respond to user feedback
- May perform management functions in the absence of the manager and may act as a project manager/leader
- Develop specifications for complex front-end software applications for web services such as a cohort query tool for a data warehouse, a research application portal, and other back end services
- Analyze user requirements and envision system features and functionality
- Plan, design, implement, troubleshoot and maintain software applications. Set expectations on features and priorities throughout the development life cycle
- Complete application development by coordinating requirements, schedules and other activities
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- Create documentation for all software
- Design and conduct tests for the software. Assess software performance and troubleshoot end-to-end issues
- Evaluate approaches and technologies and propose alternatives. Recommend solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives
- Follow best practices for software development
- May be involved in providing assistance and training to other programmers
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests. Resolve conflicting requirements by proposing alternatives
- Update job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products and languages, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations. Keeps abreast of hardware and software developments, including theory and technique
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Minimum seven years of experience in programming with increasing administrative and leadership responsibilities, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Knowledge and experience in ASP.NET, C#, SQL, and IIS is required
- Database administration experience is a strong plus. MS SQL Server or Oracle preferred
- MS SSRS experience is a plus
- JBoss/Wildfly and nginx experience is a strong plus. Tomcat and Apache experience is a plus
- Must have experience and ability to write complex, clean software
- Must be flexible in considering and learning all technology options (tools, methods, programming languages)
- The ability to communicate effectively and manage multiple conflicting priorities simultaneously
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.