Mount Sinai Careers
EPIC Ambulatory Analyst II - Neurology
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Neurology - Req #2351020
This analyst will work closely with faculty members in Neurology / Clinical Informatics to optimize Epic-based ambulatory workflows to support quality improvement projects and performing systems-of-care research across all Neurology divisions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works closely with neurology clinical groups to identify business requirements, processes, and map workflows
- Develops EpicCare Ambulatory solutions to serve Neurology business needs, including but not limited to:
- New forms / flowsheets/ MyChart questionnaires / SmartTools / Sets.
- Modifications to existing forms/ flowsheets/ SmartTools / Sets.
- New structured data fields in forms/flowsheets, questionnaires / SmartTools / Sets based on existing free-text fields.
- Porting form/flowsheet/ SmartTools /Set templates from one subdivision workflow to another.
- New BestPractice Advisories to supply clinical decision support to ambulatory clinicians
- Documents business & technological specifications, including business logic and engineering requirements.
- Works closely with operations, IT support, and various data warehouse teams as appropriate throughout development, testing and implementation processes.
- Designs detailed systems testing plan.
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions to challenges and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design considering existing systems, available technology, the capacity and limitations of equipment, operating time and form of desired results.
- May act as project leader/manager.
- Ensures timely project completion.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- EpicCare Ambulatory certification highly preferred
- Quality improvement project management experience.
- Strong understanding of interface between Epic forms and institutional data warehouses.
- Note: query / report building is not required.
- Knowledge of Neurology functions and applications highly preferred
- Knowledge of the Ambulatory application, excellent communication skills, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with clinical groups (including clinical informatics) and IT management
- Problem solving skills; ability to be proactive, organized, and goal-oriented
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.