Mount Sinai Careers
The Computational Psychiatry Unit (www.neurocpu.com) at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai seeks to fill a Post-Doctoral Research Associate position. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the new and exciting interdisciplinary field of computational psychiatry, which seeks to characterize mental disorders in terms of aberrant computations at multiple scales (e.g. behavior, brain networks, neuronal, genetics, etc).
The successful candidate should have a deep understanding of neuroscience, cognition, and computational modelling. Additional experience would be useful but not required in multi-modality neuroimaging platforms (fMRI, electrophysiology, PET, transcranial magnetic stimulation, tDCS, MR spectroscopy, DTI, etc.). The research may be applied to elucidate then neurocomputational mechanisms of cognition and decision-making in both healthy volunteers and in brain injuries or psychiatric diseases such as addiction, depression, and schizophrenia.
Job requirements: The successful candidate will participate in the following aspects of research in the lab, including:
1) Designing novel experiments to examine the neurocomputational basis of decision-making
2) Overseeing project development and acquiring behavioural and neural data in both healthy and patient populations
3) Conducting computational modelling of cognitive and neural data
4) Preparing manuscripts and interpreting results independently, and presenting results at scientific meetings
5) Co-mentoring high school, undergraduate and graduate students