Mount Sinai Careers
Sr Associate Researcher, Neurosurgery
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Independently conducts research experiments using advanced technique. Analyzes and interprets highly complex results. Reviews and presents data for publication or presentation.
- Conducts a variety of research experiments using advanced research techniques
- Coordinates project activities to meet deadlines
- Collaborates with the Principal Investigator in the development of new experiments and research techniques
- Assists in the implementation of standardized protocols for experiments and training purposes
- Assists the Principal Investigator with publications by extracting and compiling data; reviewing and editing articles for publication
- Mentors and trains less experienced research staff and graduate students
- Ensures compliance with safety and regulatory requirements
- Performs other related duties
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or related field. Master’s Degree in sciences or related field preferred
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience working in scientific labs
- Minimum 1 year hands on experience in DNA/ RNA extraction, genotyping and targeted sequencing
- Experience in lab management/compliance
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a team / strong interpersonal skills
qualifications include experience in the following methodologies:
PCR assays including SNP genotyping and fingerprinting
Ability to learn new database management and purchasing systems
Excellent organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Knowledge of standard research concepts
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.