Mount Sinai Careers
Quality Monitoring Coordinator, Faculty Practice Associates (FPA) Administration, Patient Access Center
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Quality Assurance Specialist will ensure and uphold the integrity of the Patient Access Centers Mission and Vision statements in order to meet or exceed our service level agreements. The Quality Assurance Division will continuously monitor and work to improve the patient experience through constant auditing, evaluation, training and development of the Patient Access Center staff. The Quality Assurance Specialist will focus on improving and creating a positive patient experience through maintaining and improving quality metrics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze quality assurance data and assist in preparing reports.
- Provides feedback to Patient Coordinators and supervisors to ensure our patients receive the highest possible level of service.
- Monitors weekly, a set number of quantitative and qualitative call reviews.
- Evaluates call statics and call review data for each department possibly isolating specific areas of improvement.
- Identifies trends or uncovers “learning opportunities” for individuals/departments or through continuous monitoring.
- Keeps supervisors and managers informed of audit results, identifies and recommends training needs.
- Helps Patient Access Coordinators with Service Recovery when there has been a failure or lapse in service excellence.
- Helps Supervisors with Performance evaluations by providing consistent, impartial feedback.
- Work closely with training department to assist in designing and delivering trainings, when appropriate.
- Provides Patient Coordinators with quality improvement processes as needed after call reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare administration or business related preferred or three or more years’ experience in a fast paced call center with excellence in customer service.
- Minimum one years’ experience in the Patient Access Center.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft software (Word, Access, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
- QA software experience preferred.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Strong analytical, solid problem- solving skills.
- Innovative, creative, self-starter.
- Ability to conduct objective audits and deliver constructive feedback.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to speak in front of large groups.
- Strong organizational skills.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.