Mount Sinai Careers
Desktop Support Specialist I, Environmental Medicine and Public Health
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consults with business area management and staff on usage of end user computing systems and network-based PC/workstation software and hardware, systems security, recovery and back-up procedures, including troubleshooting, repairs, network configurations, installations and upgrades
- Manage, support, and troubleshoot network printers, scanners, mobile devices, etc.
- Move, add and change workstations throughout Mount Sinai locations and off campus
- Provide support for Mount Sinai users at remote sites outside the campus which might require local travel
- Evaluates business problems and recommends vendor packages to meets user needs, and implements required software
- Participates in the evaluation of new end user computing packages, including remote connectivity products, and equipment, implements and tests prototypes, applies installation quality assurance tests and ensures consistency with standards
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction by resolving all tangible problems and concerns and consults more technically experienced Desktop Support Specialists when necessary
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Two years experience in programming and analysis and in end user computing and network-based PC/workstation applications, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Requires a broad knowledge of end user computing and network-based PC/workstation systems and hardware, client functions and applications, good consultative and communication skills, analytical ability, decisiveness, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and other IT management and staff
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.