Mount Sinai Careers
Administrative Assistant; Dept. of Spiritual Care
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
258 - DEPT OF SPIRITUAL CARE AND ED- 2352424
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position provides a wide variety of administrative support services including supporting chaplaincy education programs of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) under the standards of the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) in the Department of Spiritual Care and Education (“the Department”) of the Mount Sinai Health System. Typically reports to a division head.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinates the registrar responsibilities for the chaplaincy education program.
· Schedules interviews, communicates admission decisions, and handles application materials.
· Coordinates onboarding process for new interns and residents.
· Coordinates on-call coverage for interns and residents.
· Assists in institutional accreditation process.
· Assists in the planning and logistical arrangements for forums, conferences, seminars, meetings and/or visiting professorships. Assists in the development and coordination of informational packets for participants. Transcribes and distributes minutes.
· Checks materials submitted for supervisor’s attention to ensure all relevant data, authorizations and pertinent information are included.
· Assists in filing and document preparation.
· Investigates, evaluates and resolves typical administrative or operational problems or situations affecting the work unit.
· Makes travel arrangements and accommodations. Prepares travel reimbursements and expense reports.
· Participates in staff meetings.
· Participates in the Department’s plan for continuous quality improvement.
· Processes tuition payments.
· Screens telephone calls, answers inquiries or directs caller to the appropriate individual for further information and/or resolution.
· May serve as a liaison with other departments or external parties as necessary to accomplish objectives and or complete projects or assignments.
· May participate in the completion of grant applications, special projects and JCAHO and other survey preparations.
· Performs other related duties.
· 3 years related administrative or business experience
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience
· Knowledge of office and administrative practices
· Skill in use of personal computers and software
· Strong communication skills and attention to detail
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.