Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Business Development – Req. 2353424
Job Title: Practice Service Manager
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Practice Service Manager—One Medical serves as the designated service representative to the One Medical offices and physicians.
The Practice Service Manager is responsible for regularly visiting One Medical office sites, meeting with physicians and administrative staff to solicit feedback, surface any operational and/or relational challenges and opportunities, actively problem solve, and identify additional services or programs that would benefit the clinical alignment.
- Serves as designated service agent with supporting the One Medical affiliation, providing best-in-class customer services, and ensuring that One Medical physicians and patients benefit from the best of Mount Sinai
Regularly visits One Medical office sites, meeting with physicians and administrative staff to solicit feedback, surface any operational and/or relational challenges and opportunities, actively problem solve, and identify additional services or programs that would benefit the clinical alignment.
Document, track, and escalate issues. Actively follow-through to ensure effective and timely complaint resolution
Provide assistance with any tools and platforms that are needed for clinical connectivity, including EHR access, remote access, referral management systems, tracking down consult/procedure notes
Assist with credentialing, re-credentialing, faculty appointments, etc
Ensures that One Medical Directors are enrolled and appropriately listed with correct and up-to-date information in various directories, referral databases, etc.
Promote and facilitate educational opportunities, including CME, grand rounds, online and virtual programs, practice learning sessions, etc
Arrange for appropriate “meet and greets, including: physician to physician (specialists, hospitalists teams, Visiting Doctors), as well as hospital operations regarding direct admissions and other operational hurdles
Provide physician- and patient-specific MSHS marketing materials for various service lines, introduction to new services, programs, facilities, etc.
- Collaborates with Network Development, MSHN Physician Outreach, MSHN Physician Recruitment and One Medical leadership to facilitate introduction and cultivation of community practitioners and new graduates interested in joining One Medical practices
Identify and explore sessional opportunities
- Develops deep and meaningful relationships that promote good citizenship, alignment with Mount Sinai goals, as well as long-term loyalty
- Promotes the image/brand of Mount Sinai in the One Medical community Effectively communicates Mount Sinai value proposition as it relates to patient care and population health
- Effectively communicates Mount Sinai’s vision, including the role of One-Medical physicians in meeting our shared mission of high quality and cost-effective care
- Maintains and updates Network Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools for all existing and potential relationships in a timely manner
- Uses available technology to evaluate sand interpret market utilization information, demographics, trends, etc.
- Communicates opportunities, market trends, issues to appropriate management/staff in a timely manner and on a regular basis
- Assists in community events involving the Network and its services (may require evening and/or weekend work) including but not limited to open houses, special events, dinners, and similar activities conducted by Network Development
- Ability to travel to offsite locations
- Performs other duties as required
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience. Clinical degree in nursing or other related health care field beneficial.
Minimum of 1-2 years in a similar role or a customer relationship/sales/marketing capacity
Basic skills in MS Word
Intermediate skills in database management
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Adept at developing lasting and trust-based relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Sufficient knowledge of medicine and medical practice to communicate effectively with providers about clinical issues
- High level of organizational skills with great attention to detail, follow-up and service
- Maintains a highly polished professional appearance and demeanor as a reflection of their role as a representative of the Mount Sinai Health System.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.