Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Business Development – Req. 2353426
Job Title: Manager of Clinical Integration
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Manager of Clinical Integration is responsible for acting as the primary, clinical liaison for integrative activities between the Mount Sinai Health System and One Medical physicians practices. In addition to serving as the clinical liaison with our One Medical, the Manager will be available to be embedded in the practice site and is tasked with supporting all aspects of integrative services that allow for seamless care between the Mount Sinai Health System and our clinical partner. Among other activities, this includes providing best-in-class customer service for patient access issues (identification of specialists, facilitated referrals, labs/imaging etc.), working directly with the referring physician, patient, family, and Mount Sinai care team, ensuring that proper protocols and interfaces are in place for sharing of data, patient hand-offs, bi-directional communication regarding quality metrics, assessing resources, escalating and triaging and issues that may surface, and developing and tracking metrics to identify opportunities to improve care coordination and integration. It is essential to the role that the candidate possesses excellent customer service capabilities, develops effective interpersonal relationships, and works collaboratively with MSHS clinical team members and One Medical physicians and staff.
- On a day-to-day basis, serves as the clinical liaison for ensuring integrative services and seamless care coordination between the Mount Sinai Health System and One Medical
- Provides best-in-class customer service for One Medical, including “white-glove” service for specialty care. Works directly with referring physician, patient, family, and Mount Sinai care team for each episode of care. Regularly follows-up with all stakeholders to ensure that clinical outcomes, and patient experience goals are consistently achieved
- Ensures that proper protocols and interfaces are in place for referral management, sharing of data (clinical, labs, radiology, etc), patient hand-offs, bi-directional communication regarding quality metrics
- Assesses current clinical patterns to identify resource needs (clinical services, transportation, etc) and opportunities for improving integration with the MSHS. Identifies opportunities for additional or stronger clinical linkages and, as appropriate, makes introductions and sets up educational programs with specific Mount Sinai service lines and clinicians
- Serve as a point of contact for escalating and triaging and issues that may surface regarding integrative processes, and helps problem-solve for individual patients navigating care at MSHS
- Ensures that all processes for affiliates to clinically align with MSHS are of consistent high quality, and allow for seamless integration.
- Tracks metrics to identify opportunities to improve care coordination and integration
- Provides feedback on technology platforms that support the One Medical alignment, including real-time appointments, telehealth, etc.).
- Assists with development of materials and educates partners regarding how to navigate throughout the health system and how to engage patients and patient caregivers with electronic tools, such as MyChart
- Serves as a “champion” to promote MSHS initiatives and programs
- Coordinates with other members of the care team to overcome any identified financial or social barriers that inhibit patients’ medical care are addressed
- Performs other tasks as required.
Bachelor’s degree required. Nursing, allied field, or MPH/MPA strongly preferred
2 years minimum experience, 3-5 preferred
MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook. Ability to learn hospital ambulatory scheduling system, electronic medical record and new applications used for care coordination.
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work directly with leadership in the MSHS as well as that of our affiliates.
Attention to detail and timely, accurate work
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.