Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Senior Dietitian- Clinical Nutrition- Req #2353702
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Evaluates the nutritional status of patients by reviewing pertinent information obtained from the electronic medical record and the interdisciplinary health care team. Applies knowledge of nutrition screening and assessment to specific patient populations to determine their nutritional needs.
- Documents pertinent findings in the medical record as per policy.
- Provides quality nutrition counseling to patients and family members as indicated.
- Evaluates nutrition care plans for effectiveness and recommends changes as needed. Uses professional judgment to adapt and apply guidelines, protocols and professional standards of care to the new and changing needs of the patient.
- Evaluates and assesses the need for enteral and parenteral nutrition support, and provides recommendations as indicated.
- Coordinates projects within the department, including nutrition related in-services, interdepartmental nutrition education programs, and lectures.
- Participates in interdisciplinary rounds as needed. Communicates effectively with members of the health team.
- Develops and updates nutrition education materials.
- Assist with discharge planning as needed.
- Acts as primary preceptor for dietetic interns and instructs them on the competencies required to complete their assigned rotation. Completes student evaluations.
- Presents department journal clubs.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Certification: Registered Dietitian (RD) from the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CRD) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Licensed: Certified Dietitian Nutritionist (CDN) from the NYS education department preferred, not required.
2-4 years of progressive experience
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.