Mount Sinai Careers
OFFSITE NURSE PRACTITIONER
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Develops and implements a collaborative practice agreement in the specific clinical area and performs a periodic review of the collaborative agreement.
- Assesses the health status of patients/families by means of comprehensive health history and physical examination.
- Initiates selected therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, consultations and laboratory examination, prescribes and alters medication regimens, interprets findings and alters plan of care according to collaborative practice agreement and protocols in designated area.
- Provides teaching and counseling in the areas of health promotion, maintenance, disease prevention, and management of acute/chronic illnesses.
- Documents findings and plan of care in the patient's medical record.
- Consults with physician as established in the collaborative practice agreement.
Experience: Previous progressive experience relevant to the area of clinical practice.
Professional certification by relevant professional organization preferred.