Mount Sinai Careers
Interface Analyst II - Applications Development & Support
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Applications Development & Support - Req #2354342
Interface Analyst II
This position is an intermediate level analyst position responsible for acquiring in depth knowledge of EPIC Clinical System/Interfaces, working independently in completing project tasks and leading the execution of the following tasks as part of a clinical systems implementation: HL7 Interface development, data conversion, building system components, testing, documentation of interface specifications, data flows and other project information, implementation support and maintenance of Epic Clinical software.
In addition this position requires the ability to independently interact with clients and guide decision making as well as demonstrate critical thinking and follow through when developing solutions to identified issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Successfully achieve certification in Epic Bridges as determined by the Epic course catalog.
2. Demonstrates professional behavior when interacting with clients and coworkers
3. Demonstrates the ability to collect workflow and other pertinent information from clients
4. Apply in depth system understanding to current issues and development challenges in order to develop alternative solutions with pro and con analysis
5. Demonstrate ability to understand not only tasks assigned but to anticipate ongoing work and take ownership of entire process.
6. Prioritize and delegate tasks as needed
7. Proven working knowledge of the HL7 standard
8. Develop interface specifications and data flow diagrams
9. Participate in the integration and data conversion process for each implementation
10. Working effectively and negotiating between multiple parties
• Three years experience in Information Technology/Computer Science and/or clinical healthcare discipline, or demonstrated equivalent experience
• Experience in working on medium to large sized systems projects in a technology-driven environment
• The applicant must have 3 years prior interface development experience, preferably with an interface engine
2. Possess self-awareness and the ability to utilize constructive feedback to improve performance
3. Team-player who creates a positive team environment
4. Proven ability to work on a variety of projects
5. Experience working independently and demonstrated accountability for groups of tasks or processes.
6. Working knowledge of relational databases